GE FANUC 90-30 IC693ALG442 Input Output Refrence

qwemx

Hi Experts,

I am trying to understand the adressing of the Analog Inputs and Outputs in the module Slot 2 - IC693ALG442

I have here %AI0001 Length 4 - Does it mean that my Analog Inputs are
AI0001 , AI0002, AI0003, AI0004

I also have here %AQ0009 Length 2 Does it mean that the Analog outputs are
%AQ0009 and AQ0010

Another address is I00025
This seems like the digital inputs 25 to 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Screenshot_2.png

Your interpretation is correct. You can change the address assignments if desired. The discrete inputs are status bits. The length of 8 is default. You can also select 16 or 32. The details of what they mean can be found in the manual GFK-0898.

Thank you guys
I also have a CMM311 which is RTU only with two ports , port 2 is interface rs232 is it being used to receive data or transmit data outside - there is a Micom relay in the control Panel could it be sending data to this relay ? How can I know more about the fucntion of this com. processor

Screenshot_3.png

When configured for RTU (Modbus), the CMM311 can only be a slave, which means the external device is the Modbus master. No ladder logic is required to support the Modbus exchanges.
Your best bet for finding which PLC addresses are involved in the data transfer between the two devices is to locate the configuration of the external device and see what addresses it is reading or writing.
You might get lucky and find that the original programmer included comments or variable descriptions in the PLC program to help you understand.

The problem is that the program has no comments especially the register values starting with R and memory bits starting with M

From the schematics I can identify the inputs and outputs but the register values don't have any details so program can be only understood partially

There isn't anything you can do from the PLC side to tell you what addresses the Modbus master connected to the CMM311 module is reading or writing.
You can only draw inferences. For example, a %R address that only appears on the left (input) side of any function blocks, probably gets its data value from an external source.
It will be a more fruitful search to find the software necessary to program the Modbus master device and examine whatever it is running.

I also noticed that there are several Analog Inputs which do not exist on the Input Module - there is noInput module having those addresses but the Addresses are used in the Program

The PLC is diplaying the Megawatts, MegaVars and PF on the meters and this information can only come from the relay - If I know the Modbus register address of the relay does it help me to know what register address in PLC that will be ?

3 Phase Watts Courier Number (Power) 3x10101 3x10102
3 Phase VArs Courier Number (VAr) 3x10103 3x10104
3Ph Power Factor Courier Number (Decimal) 3x10105

Screenshot_4.png

For the generator megawatts, megavars, and power factor, search for the ladder logic that writes to %AQ0001, %AQ0002, and %AQ0003. The source of that data is probably coming from the Modbus link based on the the three values you highlighted. Note that the modbus chart shows them as 32-bit values and labels the units as watts, vars, and PF (potentially a floating point number). In the 90-30 those are all 16-bit integers, so there must be some manipulation of the data.
The %AI0009 through %AI0012 could possibly be from another 4-channel analog input module that turned out not to be needed. Other than their appearance in the variable list, is there any usage in the ladder logic?
The same question for the %AI1001 address.
What is the part number of the third party module in slot 10?

Third party module is Power transducer module PTM101 and this module is also capable to provIDE the PLC values of Megawatts, MegaVars and PF so could be these are not coming on the modbus but are coming from the PTM101 , Program attached -

Screenshot_2.png

Attachments

• PLC_Controlled_Excitation.zip
    89.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: