You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 11th, 2019, 01:11 PM   #31
g.mccormick
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Automation direct prodictivity series or brx series.
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:02 PM   #32
seth350
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberman View Post
I mean the addressing of the I/O via the Ethernet/IP coupler using Logix.
Generally, WORDs are brought into the PLC in the size that you configured for your Generic Ethernet/IP Device. You then need to matchup what each bit in the WORDs indicate. An EDS file is helpful or manufactures manual for figuring out whats what.
Same goes for the output as well.

If you want a high density and small footprint Ethernet/IP bus coupler with integration software for AB Compact/Contrologix PLCs, then take a look at what B&R has to offer.

A piece of software is provided to configure your B&R rack. Configure what modules you need and also label IO points. It will generate an .L5K file that you can then open and copy the ethip module and UDTs over to your project.
In your controller organizer, all of the IO you labeled is there as well.

I think what geniusintraining meant was that only AB solutions will "easily" integrate with Studio.

Back to the topic,
I would have to go with a Schneider PLC or Automation Direct Productivity or BRX.
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:04 PM   #33
Rson
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth350 View Post
Generally, WORDs are brought into the PLC in the size that you configured for your Generic Ethernet/IP Device.

If you want a high density and small footprint Ethernet/IP bus coupler with integration software for AB Compact/Contrologix PLCs, then take a look at what B&R has to offer.

A piece of software is provided to configure your B&R rack. Configure what modules you need and also label IO points. It will generate an .L5K file that you can then open and copy the ethip module and UDTs over to your project.
In your controller organizer, all of the IO you labeled is there as well.

I think what geniusintraining meant was that only AB solutions will "easily" integrate with Studio.

Back to the topic,
I would have to go with a Schneider PLC or Automation Direct Productivity or BRX.
Yes, you generally get words into the PLC.

Just make a ladder that distributes them into DINTS with the BTD command. Remote IO is really the best option, IMO.
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:04 PM   #34
seth350
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rson View Post
Yes, you generally get words into the PLC.

Just make a ladder that distributes them into DINTS with the BTD command. Remote IO is really the best option, IMO.
Indeed.
Old July 12th, 2019, 07:15 AM   #35
chantecler
Venezuela

Just want to say thanks for your recommendations. The project has been delayed due to a higher priority one that is utilizing the resources.

The machine is still working with a temporary fix I made to the CPU.

I downloaded and installed free CODESYS and I'm trying learn it as I have the time. I'm still inclined towards AutomationDirect though.

Thanks again

Bye
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum