adding analog out module

RY_Guthrie

I am trying to add a 1756-of8 analog output module to a control logix rack and want to do it without putting the processor in program mode, is that possible and if so what am I doing wrong, I insert the module into the rack and it shows up in the IO tree but it is faulted and I cannot keep the fault from returning every time I clear the fault. Do I have to add it to the offline file first then go online then insert the module? i have the revision set, its in compatibility mode, it is the correct type in the software box that is for that module. I compared it to a known working module and all it says differently that the module is not configured? thanks for any help you can give.

I am trying to add a 1756-of8 analog output module to a control logix rack and want to do it without putting the processor in program mode, is that possible and if so what am I doing wrong, I insert the module into the rack and it shows up in the IO tree but it is faulted and I cannot keep the fault from returning every time I clear the fault. Do I have to add it to the offline file first then go online then insert the module? i have the revision set, its in compatibility mode, it is the correct type in the software box that is for that module. I compared it to a known working module and all it says differently that the module is not configured? thanks for any help you can give.

You can do everything you want online, with the processor running.

Firstly, put the module into the chassis. The processor will not complain about it being there if it isn't in its I/O configuration.

The only "fault" that will show is that the module isn't configured, so it will have a flashing green LED.

Now you can add the module to the I/O configuration of the on-line project, and it will then create the connection to the module, and its flashing green light will go solid green.

Now just configure the module and its channels, and you are good to go....