Error Adding module 1756-TI16 analog.Studio5000

coy17a

Hello,

I'm trying to add the 1756-TI16 analog module to my backplane using Studio 5000 and I'm getting a memory error all the time and totally crash of the program. Have someone seen something similar?

Thanks

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

No, that is not normal.

Are you adding the module online, or offline ?

What version of RSLogix 5000 are you running ? What version of Windows ?

In general, unusual crashes like that involve a phone call to Rockwell, and they almost always ask you to do an uninstall/reinstall. That's just the way it goes with any modular software system.

Thanks for your reply. Totally new and trying to learn for a project in my job.

It is offline installation. I'm using Logix designer Version 30.0. Windows 10.

I have the software on two different pc's with the same error. I guess I will call Rockwell.

Thank you again.

I would hold reinstall until you clearly see if this is a software or your project.
Can you add this module to a new empty project?
Can you add any other modules?

If you can add to an empty project then Export/Import to L5K may help.