HMI error on runtime application when adding trigger

Tmills407

Hello ladies and gents I’ve hit a road block on a project, it’s AB for preface this is a converting line including Winder tailsealer and accumulator (from back to front)I’m trying to establish a trigger for the accumulator when it stops that delivers a message to the HMI on the winder (shared by the 3) but when I add it and creat a runtime application it’s telling me in the post creation note pad PLC_Accumulator unsupported device. I’m unsure why, any tips?

What HMI, software and version? What PLC? It sounds like you have not created a valid Comm link to the accumulator PLC on the winder application.

If you download the file to the HMI, does it actually have any problems?

In my experience generally an 'unsupported device' error for the PLC shortcut is caused by the PLC model selected being newer than the software revision of the .mer file created. It may well still work fine, especially if the terminal has a more recent firmware (whether a higher version or has been patched).

This is assuming PLC_Accumulator was a previously existing and working shortcut. If you made any changes to the shortcut, double check that you set it up correctly.

What I ended up doing was instead adding a ring to the logic copying estop alarm changing number and script and adding run coil to beginning of rung and switching it to NC contact