Error connecting via TIA V16 to HMI

hwbradshaw

I am trying to backup a program on a Windows 10 IPC running an application written in TIA v16 and download an update. The system has a Siemens 1500 PLC. I can go online with the PLC no issue. However the IPC\HMI I can not. I have checked the usual suspects in the usual way IP, Subnet. PG settings. Unless I am missing a check?.

I can see the IPC when browsing the network its PC name, IP address but that's it. Cant backup, download etc. When I try to going online the interface screen has an error
"an access node is not available for an online connection. possible reasons include a missing authorization or a faulty interface assignment in the device configuration" image attached.

Error.jpg

The only thing you can do if you don't have the original up-to-date project is copy the folder containing the Runtime Files. Search the hard disk for *.ap16 or *.zap16 to see if there's a project on the same computer.

Is this WinCC Advanced or WinCC Professional?

If WinCC Professional, there is a utility called WinCC Start RT (or something like that) which points to the WinCC Pro RT folder to run.

If WinCC Advanced, search the hard drive for *.fwc - this is the file extension of the main WinCC Advanced RT, and copy all the files from the directory where it's located.