HMI Buttons go to error after changing screens

My wild guess is that there's another object on the screen (it would take just one) that addresses a non-existent data table file. When the PV+ changes to that screen, it tried to start polling that address and gets an error, but because it's a serial connection there's not enough "bandwidth" to accommodate the attempts, errors, retries, AND the normal connectivity. The whole optimized block comms falls apart.

Maybe when the co-worker re-addressed all of those objects they remedied a typo, maybe working too fast to realize it.

This kind of error *should* show up in the FactoryTalk Diagnostics display object, and/or in the FT diagnostics display window of FTView Studio if you test the runtime on your development PC.

Or, sunspots.

In support of Ken's wild guess, I just today dealt with a PVP where indicators on one screen were failing to update and the cause was indeed an object with a connection to a nonexistent tag. This was with an enet connection to a compactlogix, but somewhat similar symptoms. The diagnostic display pointed me right to the offender (once I increased the font size, the default on the PVP600 is something like 5pt apparently and quite illegible).