Siemens TIA Portal V13 SP1 HMI Buttons

I'll definitely look again. One last oddity- and maybe there is something I am doing wrong here...

When I make a change to the HMI buttons, I recompile, the transfer all changes. I saved the project as a new revision. When I open up the prior project (no ladder changes, just these couple buttons) and go online, it is showing that the project matches. I would think the project wouldn't match (I was actually reverting back to the last one) since I changed the setbits to settag. Is there anything else I need to do to accept the changes? Maybe I am not accepting my changes correctly....

Isn't it just the plc that still match? And since you only made hmi changes it should be so. I have never gone online to an hmi, is that even possible? :)

The HMI side of the project always shows matching offline/online even when it doesn't. The PLC side of the project offline/online is accurate.

The HMI side of the project always shows matching offline/online even when it doesn't. The PLC side of the project offline/online is accurate.

You are correct, which I just learned. I still haven't found any place the tags were being written to in the ladder (like I said, the project is pretty atrocious, and I haven't looked a ton yet aside from the actual tags) so I decided to just make new tags altogether. This fixed all my problems immediately. I cleaned up the logic in the couple of networks (rungs) for the manual controls that didn't work as well.

After everyone's little tips here, and making my way around the HMI development software, I am definitely much more comfortable with this than I was just a day ago. I appreciate everyone's help.

🍺🍺🍺

Do a screenshot of your cross reference in the plc
Does any the the marker bits cross with mw or md values?
I.e. Overlap ?
See post 4