Modbus Plus with S7 315-2DP

mspath

Hello:
The last step in the development in this application using a Siemens S7 315-2DP PLC was to implement Modbus capabilty using the CP341 module (as slave). I moved my variables into 2 main Data Blocks and used them for the FC03 and FC04 Modbus read/write and read only exchange.

This is all fine and good but today I find out that the customer is using the Modbus Plus protocol.
Siemens says that I cannot use the CP341 module to interface with Modbus Plus. HELP!
What do I do now??
Thanks
Mike

try this

Hi Mike,

I grabbed my Modicon Catalog circa 1995 and it has listed what we use to interface modbus to modbus+, called

BM85S Programmable Modbus Plus Bridge/MUX
'To permit literally thousands of third party devices to be connected to Modbus Plus, two versions are offered. One with 4 RS-232 ports, the other with 4 RS-485 ports.....'

If you need more info I'm sure it's at Shneider's website,

Goodluck,

Brian