RSLogix 500 Server Busy Error Message

bright676

I keep getting this error when I open it and the I have to Cntl-Alt-Delete to get out of it.

I also have FTVS-ME installed but I even rebooted and just tried opening RS-500 and get the same error.

Any ideas?

Server Busy.jpg

I've had this error for quite some time and the RSLinx restore mentioned in the thread gclshortt referenced didn't work. After several minutes, pressing RETRY clears the SERVER BUSY dialog box away and everything is back to normal. Its annoying but I've never experienced anything more than that.

Came back again

The error went away for a few days after I closed every thing in the task manager that had RSLinx in the name.

It just came back again and its not going away no matter what I try.Any ideas?

WTF??? Error is gone now

As soon as I posted the last message and reopened RS-500 the error didn't come back, Weird.

I see this a lot when I try to invoke RSLinx from within RSLogix. While the error appears, I just find a shortcut to start RSLinx directly and that clears it up. I never dug into the root cause since my workaround has it going promptly.

I have been having this same problem. It has plagued me for months
uninstall and reinstall did not thing to help. I just have to await acouple minutes before it decides to go away.

After reading this thread I set the RS Linx Service to auto start. I thought that fixed it.... but nope it is driving me insane.

it seems it only helps if you run it as an application???

<Rant>I hate Allan Bradley's Antique Software and the Joe Maintenance guys that make me use it.</Rant>

Last edited: