Including 1783-ETAP1F in project

doomsword

Should include 1783-ETAP1F in my ControlLogix project (inside the sw project)? Is it necessary to make it work or it can be 'hidden' and IP set in range by RSLinx?

It's used to access remote rack, so it goes through optics. I'm unsure should I put it there, as I can't hierarchically indicate remote rack is connected through it.

I'm making some small software update for one site (they just added some new desk with commands that is connected to this new rack) but I won't be commissioning it so I would like to 'tell' guys who will do it that they need to set IP address for this device to work. I don't want someone to complain.

ETAP is not required to be in the I/O tree. It does not have any tags.
Also, it can function as a node (not supervisor) even without an IP address.
But if you want to monitor its health then you can do both.

ETAP is not required to be in the I/O tree. It does not have any tags.
Also, it can function as a node (not supervisor) even without an IP address.
But if you want to monitor its health then you can do both.

Thanks, I will then not include it if it can be transparent. There's also some Cisco IE switch, I hope it will not make some issues for guys (they should be able to access it through browser anyways).