Ethernet question with RSview

tgaljar

How to use secondary driver in RSView? I have two SCADA computers connected in DH-485 network and more connected with usual Ethernet cards via crossover cable. Can this Ethernet connection be used as primary driver in RSview? Like that second computer will use data from first computer and if first fails second will start browsing DH485 network.

Is it possible to achieve this kind of connection?

Thanks!

if you have the rslinx gateway in both pcs then it is possible to connect using the following driver in rslinx
Remote Devices via Linx Gateway configuration

The Remote Devices via Linx Gateway hardware driver applies to RSLinx Gateway TCP servers. The TCP server functionality of RSLinx Gateway enables RSLinx applications anywhere on an Ethernet TCP network, to reach processor stations on any control network RSLinx Gateway can reach. When you select a Remote Devices via Linx Gateway driver to add or edit, RSLinx displays the Driver Selection tab on the Configure Remote Devices via Linx Gateway property sheet. Click Browse to have RSLinx automatically browse your Ethernet TCP network and display the available RSLinx Gateway servers detected.

Thanks for replay rPraveenkum. I've done like you said but it looks when two computers are running RSView, total count of packet is doubled so it is the same if booth computers are browsing DH485 and when one is on DH485 and other on TCP. I want to lower total number of packets to speed up my connection. I want that second SCADA is using data from first through Ethernet, now it looks that first SCADA is browsing DH485 for second SCADA that’s the reason why total amount of packets remains the same.

If you're asking about filling in the fields in the Channel setup then the answer is no; both networks must be of the same type.

The way to reduce the amont of network traffic is:

If using Direct Drivers use the Scan Classes to make sure that data which changes slowly is sampled at a low rate.

If using OPC be prepared to set up multiple Nodes, all pointing to the same controller but each using a different update rate