Omron Rack Addressing

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I've only been learning Omron for a couple of months now. Used AB and Automation Direct. Today I went to start a program and set up my I/O on the rack. When I selected my PTS15 it was addressed automatically to 2010. But this causes the CPU to inform me there is no card, and gives me a non fatal error with the red ERH light on the card lit.
Now if I go to a working program, which is addressed at 2100 the PLC is fine.
Is there away to manually change this value?

Fault.jpg

Last edited:
The address for the PTS15 is determined by the setting of the rotary switches on the front of the module.

If the unit number switches are set for zero, the module address is 2000. Set for 1 module address is 2010.

This is covered in the W473 manual.

Hope this will help.

The address for the PTS15 is determined by the setting of the rotary switches on the front of the module.

If the unit number switches are set for zero, the module address is 2000. Set for 1 module address is 2010.

This is covered in the W473 manual.

Hope this will help.
Thanks for the reply gtsuport, the thing is I don't change the rotary switch (set @1) between program changes. the 2100 value works, the 2010 faults. My work around has been to take the 2100 value program an delete everything (Ladder logix) and start my new program. It keeps the 2100 value and is working OK.

Please see the attached image.
Which rotary switch is set to 1, x10^1 or x10^0?
This image is from the W368 manual, which has all the information for the CJ1W-PTS15 module.

CJ1W_SpecialIO_Rotary_Switches.jpg

The top switch is set to 1.
I've gone though the module manual, what I am missing is without touching the rotary switch.
One program has 2100 and works, my new program when I set up the I/O, cx-programmer automatically sets the value to 2010 which faults.

Your module number is 10. So 2100 is the correct address.
Try this.

Open a new project.

Set the correct PLC type and Network type in the Change PLC dialog.

Go Online with the PLC. Make sure it is in Stop/Program mode.
Go to the IO Table and Unit setup.
Go to the Options pull down menu, then Transfer from PLC.
This should read the IO table from the processor.

If you just build a new IO table, it will assume the modules are addressed sequentially. You have the option of setting the module number when you enter it in the IO table.

CX-P_IOTable_Option.jpg