Running external software inside Wonderware application

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I used a .Net script to open the external software but I would really like to have the external software run on a Intouch page only. Is that possible?

I will create the page with the IDE and publish. It's a stand alone piece of equipment.

So you're looking to embed this external software within the page, which is tricky. Is this a custom piece of software or something public? Is there an ActiveX control available that you can take advantage of? I've only personally embedded other apps using ActiveX.

So you're looking to embed this external software within the page, which is tricky. Is this a custom piece of software or something public? Is there an ActiveX control available that you can take advantage of? I've only personally embedded other apps using ActiveX.

Yes, embedding the external software within the page is my initial thought. This type of task is new to me.

The external software is Datalogic's Impact Control Panel Manager. It's the software that displays a live feed to the inspection camera on the conveyor line. After searching their website, it looks like they .NET SDK and a C/C++ & ActiveX SDK. Unless I'm mistaken, it only mentions Windows CE/mobile.

https://www.datalogic.com/eng/search.html?search_txt=sdk

Yes, embedding the external software within the page is my initial thought. This type of task is new to me.

The external software is Datalogic's Impact Control Panel Manager. It's the software that displays a live feed to the inspection camera on the conveyor line. After searching their website, it looks like they .NET SDK and a C/C++ & ActiveX SDK. Unless I'm mistaken, it only mentions Windows CE/mobile.

https://www.datalogic.com/eng/search.html?search_txt=sdk

If they have an ActiveX plugin or SDK, you can import that into the IDE and use it. Alternatively, if you are looking for a camera stream, does the camera provide RTSP streaming?
If so, you can use VLC's ActiveX plugin and load the RTSP URL.

No RTSP.

But I was able to find the SDK dll I needed. I'm guessing I can import that into archestra as a client control?

The SDK guide PDF it comes with shows how to create a program with Visual Studio.

I imported the .dll successfully. I was half expecting it to show up in the graphic toolbox like the WindowForms.. That didn't happen.

Not to sure what my next move should be; Not familiar with this level of integration. I was able to run a sample .exe that comes with the SDK package just fine. Also able to open it up in visual studio to view the code.

In the software I use to program the Camera, there is a "Create Interface File" under the Communication>SDK tab. I opened the file up in notepad and its C# code using the current program content.

Actually one of the sample programs is exactly what I wanted. It shows the last image and basic manual controls.

I'm triggering the camera and using the I/O via Ethernet and the PLC but just wasn't able to add an image to the HMI application without opening up a separate software.

Should I use the sample programs code in visual studio in archestra IDE or do I edit the program to my likings in visual studio and somehow embed it into a graphic in archestra?