You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread October 11th, 2019, 05:30 PM   #1
pembuk
Poland

Question Allen Bradley 5830 PLC- Safety output module issue

Dears,

I have problem with 5069-obv8s, trying to use it for a first time just to power relays. All outputs are in internal fault, even if their are not conected. The card is set to use single output as safety outputs. Additional power on LA+ and LA- ports is connected. I don't know what else should I checked to fix this problem. There is no problem in controler or this specific modul just on all of outputs.

Cheers
Unread October 11th, 2019, 11:38 PM   #2
Jeev
Australia

Have you set which mode they are? Bipolar or Sourcing? How are you using them? Also, what fault info are they giving you?
Unread October 12th, 2019, 03:45 AM   #3
pembuk
Poland

Hi Jeev,

Yes, the module is set as sourcing, I tried also bipolar with the same effect.
Safety output module is the last on the rack and there is only one 24vDC power supply in the cabinet. So we use the same source to power MOD and SA and L+/L- . The fault info is only about internal fault of each output. Module is well communicated with CPU and there is no fault in it, as you can see on I/O configuration tree.

Please check if there is no issue with wiring, I don't really know if it's correct.

Unread October 13th, 2019, 07:50 PM   #4
Jeev
Australia

The wiring seems incorrect. The architecture suggests you are using BiPolar, but I'm not sure about the wiring on terminals 2-9. Terminals 0-1 are wired correctly for BiPolar operation. I've attached what I think the wiring should look like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drawing.jpg (143.9 KB, 28 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum