siemens s7 - gsm module interface

itsmishal

Sir,

Sub: Interface of Siemens S7-200 PLC and T65 GSM Terminal.

I am doing my final year engineering (B.Tech) in Instrumentation . As a part of the fulfillment of our curriculum, I am doing my final semester project in a naphtha power plant

I am planning to study and suggest a design for the automation (using PLC- GSM modem interface) of the Pump House which is at a distance of 1.5 Km away, which supplies water to the Power Plant. We are supposed to automate the action of three pumps with flow, pressure and level safety switches and control the on/off of these pumps depending on a main pressure switch. They are actually planning to implement this project in the near future.

As a part of the design I have selected Siemens S7 200 PLC and T65 GSM terminal. Therefore I would appreciate if you could provide information on the proper interface of PLC and the GSM modems. I would extremely be thankful for any information regarding the project.

my email ids are

[email protected]

[email protected]

hey bara...
thankz a looot for your suggestion ... i went thru those pages... i d like to ask u something more...
i saw that u need to ues the functions wdc _ init wdc_ sedn etc to use the modem .. can they be used along with the ladder diagram in step7 micro win ??? i need to send the start button, stop button and automanual button of three pumpos to the remote staion from the central station .. and the remote station need to tranfer the larms --(2) to the central... i would ber very grateful if you could help me in this regard ..
thank u
mishal

bara_hence said:
Why not a gprs soulution?? Siemens has examples that may fit your need right away and they are really easy to set up.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=22537809&caller=view