seimens hmi

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
opening up a copy of my HMI program I can go to where the passwords are created but they are all asterisks. How can I view what is there? I see the user names but we have forgotten the password.
6AV6 643-0CD01-1AX1 anyone have a clue I am not a SEIMENS guy
and the tech looking at it has a copy of program but we cant see passwords.

They are not viewable
But since you have the original program/project, you can change them to what you want

Change then download

Thanks, We had the password and we have 2 of their machines. This one wont accept
the password the only thing I can think of is one of their techs changed it for some reason when they were in. No on else has the capability. Thanks for the reply we will download a new password.

That's an MP277 panel, which I worked with a fair amount at my last location. It's been a couple of years and I don't have the software any more, so I'm running from memory here, but there's a checkbox somewhere in the dialog boxes while you're in the download process to overwrite user admin. You need to make sure that's selected.

Inside the user admin section of the software, there's also a "bad login retry limit" or something like that. If that's set to other than zero, it's a retentive counter that isn't reset upon successful login and once that count is reached, you have to download to the HMI to reset it. The error message isn't intuitive either. It acts like you entered the wrong password.