Wonderware Install & Licenses

Thanks for the answer, but that was excactly what i done and intouch won't recognize the new license (in that window i can see the valid perdiod of the license)

The license should be backwards compatible, but I would contact Wonderware to verify..
Is it a Development/Runtime license or Runtime only?

I run intouch 2012 using 2014 licences no problem except 2014 licences require a dongle to activate (or at least with my version).

Steve

if I´m not wrong, with that license "Intouch 2014R2 Development Single demo Consignment" you can run until ww10.1

If you edit your .lic file with notepad, you can see it.

Regards

I really doubt that, because that mini cd comes with my copy of 2014r2, and the lic file displays is valid until dec. 2015, i suspect my problem ocurred because previously i used a demo for 30 days, maybe intouch refuses to register my new license ( i selected the update option in license manager :rolleyes:)

I had a similar problem to Had-Z after updating from 2012 to 2014 and it was to do with the old licence utility being left behind so in the start/wonderware/common folder, all links took me to an outdated version which would attempt to read license files and create "demo" consignment license instead.

Found the proper license tool under start/Invensys/LicenseManager after a lot of head scratching, just thought i would quickly post in case this helps someone else who finds this thread

just purchased a development lic from a retired installer,Ver. 10.1 does anyone out there have a runtime that I could purchase, been using version 9 and would like to up grade to windows 7 if possible-

just purchased a development lic from a retired installer,Ver. 10.1 does anyone out there have a runtime that I could purchase, been using version 9 and would like to up grade to windows 7 if possible-

You can convert the 9.* app to 10.1 and run it under the development license you just bought. The development license allows Runtime usage......

The only downside is an operator could also open the app in development. If you set up Intouch correctly.....An operator would have to have the correct password to get out of Runtime.

Last edited:
Intouch License

I heard from the wonderware guy, who came to the factory where i work to configure something, that it is possible to open intouch without a second licence for another computer from the script level. Anyone have a clue how to do that ?

Anyway, there are always problems with the Archestra. The French support is so bad, I have waited three days for the reply and they have told me that I need to reinstall the whole system. The other guys are not really happy about that. This will take a lot of time. Now I am stuck with my work and I finish my internship in four months.