Wonderware: Intouch 7.1 install onto XPE

Mcandmar

Hi All,

Trying to install Intouch 7.1 onto a Windows Embedded XP machine, process gets to 95% "Registering COM Objects.." and just hangs.

Worked fine in my test envionment using Windows XP, but now i have bought four brand new industrial PC's with XP Embedded it wants to have a fight ;)

Has anone seen this before, or any suggestions as to what the issue could be?

Very interesting, thank you for that. I think my next plan of attack will be to build a regular Windows XP installation and see how far i get, failing that i may just revert back to Windows 2000 installation.

Just to finish this off, reinstalled using regular Windows XP Professional and it worked just fine, both machines have been in live production for three weeks now. Thanks Sigma!