Wonderware Upgrading (from Intouch WindowMaker 9.5 to Intouch WindowMaker 23)

MuHaDa15

Hi,
I am upgrading a Wonderware SCADA form version 9.5 to version 23.
I am able to migrate all the graphic, but when to activate the runtime this pop up message appeared.
1708392542193.png
1708392561098.png
I just click OK and YES option, but when runtime started my header & footer didn't appear.
1708392616114.png
I want to know how to fix these pop up message and header footer problem.
Thank you so much.

That DAS message is common & most likely because it is not running.
You can set it to auto-start via the SMC

That other message is a bit different, but looks like alarm report perhaps?
This might be in onShow script in the header/footer perhaps, or even elsewhere.
You’ve got some hunting to do on that one ..

That DAS message is common & most likely because it is not running.
You can set it to auto-start via the SMC

That other message is a bit different, but looks like alarm report perhaps?
This might be in onShow script in the header/footer perhaps, or even elsewhere.
You’ve got some hunting to do on that one ..
I tried to run DASSDIRECT.EXE manually from services, but it is not available. or I need to manually install it? because I believe it is PLC driver for communication.

I will try to look at header & footer scripting.
Thanks

As far as the missing header and footer, make sure thay are selected to open as home windows on startup. If they are selected, maybe they're getting immediately closed. Since around version 2020 window size and position is now a bit screwy. Border was previously part of the total window size, now border adds to it. If your windows are replace, your middle window might now be overlapping the header and footer and hiding them. There's a bit more screwiness that I haven't tried to figure out. Some alignments are just off and there's no border to explain it.

I'm using 2020, so I don't know the nuances of 2023 yet.

We got advised by AVEVA to ensure that there were no ActiveX (.ocx) components in the project as these are no longer supported.

For (1) Check the case looks like the access names are maybe case sensitive

For (2) It can't find the ZOOP2.acl file check that it s on the path that its asking for.

We got advised by AVEVA to ensure that there were no ActiveX (.ocx) components in the project as these are no longer supported.

For (1) Check the case looks like the access names are maybe case sensitive

For (2) It can't find the ZOOP2.acl file check that it s on the path that its asking for.
thanks, I already change the access name & make it auto start in OCMC. case solved for this one.

As far as the missing header and footer, make sure thay are selected to open as home windows on startup. If they are selected, maybe they're getting immediately closed. Since around version 2020 window size and position is now a bit screwy. Border was previously part of the total window size, now border adds to it. If your windows are replace, your middle window might now be overlapping the header and footer and hiding them. There's a bit more screwiness that I haven't tried to figure out. Some alignments are just off and there's no border to explain it.

I'm using 2020, so I don't know the nuances of 2023 yet.
header & footer solved.
tqsm
I just need to select them during startup configuration.

For the first message, the application name is now called 'SIDirect' instead of 'DASSidirect'. You can change that application name in your Access Name configuration. If SIDirect is not installed and activated, you can modify the AVEVA Communication Driver Pack from your control Panel and add that driver to make it available in the OCMC/SMC.

For the first message, the application name is now called 'SIDirect' instead of 'DASSidirect'. You can change that application name in your Access Name configuration. If SIDirect is not installed and activated, you can modify the AVEVA Communication Driver Pack from your control Panel and add that driver to make it available in the OCMC/SMC.
yeah, already did that.
thanks for your tips.