FactoryTalk View ME login/logout macro

jwill83

Hello,

I have a half-completed PV+6 application that I inherited from another engineer who left the company. I'm using FactoryTalk View ME. I've never programmed an HMI, and so far I've been able to plod my way through and get it semi-functional. I've set up a few user accounts (maintenance and I&C) and am able to give them access to certain screens via a login button that changes the visibility of some of the GoTo Display buttons.

Here's what I'm having problems with - I want the default operator's screen to be displayed when the maintenance/I&C people hit the logout button. Is there a way to do this besides using the RemoteDisplayNumber under Global Connections and setting that variable via a logout macro? I tried this method, and although it worked for the logout macro, I couldn't switch to any other screen (the error message was something along the lines of "can't open display because changing displays is controlled remotely"). There are a lot of screens and I'd like to avoid having to create macros for each screen to set the remote display number.

Is there an easier/simpler way to do this, or do I have to bite the bullet and create macros for each screen to set the remote display number?

I believe you need to set the RemoteDisplayNumber in the PLC back to zero (after a short time delay) to return navigation control to the operator.

Unless I'm missing something this is actually very straight forward. There is an option on the general tab of the logout button to define which display to show when the logout button is pressed.

Capture.JPG

cbuysse - thanks for the info...i've opened that properties box probably a hundred times and didn't even realize the answer was staring me in the face. i'll walk away sheepishly now...