Remote Connection to Windows XP

@KristienP.
I have to mention that running an XP PC in 2020 and connecting it to the internet is very dangerous !
You really should investigate how to migrate it to Windows 10 (support for Windows 7 is also cancelled).

It may get infected, and then just wait for someone to connect to it or plug a USB device into it.

Yes, we're very well aware of this. But its a stand alone computer, and it would cost far too much money to upgrade to Windows 10 for a project that is going to run for 1 year and then be de-commissioned. We are "renting" the control system, so if they provide out of date, unsupported, unsecure HMI and it gets corrupted, that's on them. We just need to be able to see it remotely.

Yes XP is not supported in their latest version V15. I'm still using V9, and it was updated April 20, 2020. I use it because the expensive corporate license was locked into V9 at the time of purchase, the upgrade was 90% of the price to buy it outright (pre-subscription), and I refuse to buy in to the monthly subscription model.

I wish I had a license for an older version. I'd happily stick with an old version, especially if it gets updated still! I hate how everything is going subscription based. It makes it difficult in consulting.

Yes, we're very well aware of this. But its a stand alone computer, and it would cost far too much money to upgrade to Windows 10 for a project that is going to run for 1 year and then be de-commissioned. We are "renting" the control system, so if they provide out of date, unsupported, unsecure HMI and it gets corrupted, that's on them. We just need to be able to see it remotely.

I look after an old refrigeration plant that seems to run like this. My temporary patch together fix "To Get It Running" was originally supposed to go for a few months. 4 Years later, I'm still dealing with it and constantly reminding them that there is only so much we can do. Replace now or wait till the panic sets in when the thing dies on the hottest day of the year, again, due to a power spike or old age, the PLC is 38 years young! Usually will happen on a holiday to!

But TeamViewer has been updated beyond that point unfortunately. So it would break comparability with other sites.

I'm pretty sure you could install V14 Teamviewer or older on XP, and connect to it with V15. At least I can connect to V8 clients with my V9 installation. You just can't go the other way.