MicroLogix 1100

jkrom

So, anybody have any real-world experience yet that they want to share?

I have an upcoming project that I think is tailor-made for the 1100, but I was just curios if the product matches the literature.

thanks,

I've put about 10 of them in service so far and have been very pleased with them. Only wish the processor name would show up in rslinx (instead of just the model number) ... would make my RSSql data collection easier (for this human) to deal with.

If you experience comms difficulty on the RS-232 DF1 port, refer to this technote. Other than that, I haven't seen or heard of any problems. You also need RSLogix500 Version 7.0/RSLinx Version 2.50, as these are the first versions that support the ML1100.

I prefer the MicroLogix 1500

If your project can afford it, I would use the 1500 since it has more functionality. Never had any problems using the using the 1000s or 1200s.

I wanted to use the 1100 on a project I have going right now, but it did not have the IO needed (16 on base + only 4 expansion modules). I would have prefered to have online programming on this one and skip having to use the ENI module. Alas.

I have used one unit so far. I installed it on an air compressor. It talks Modbus RTU out the serial port to the compressor's Vantage controller. It then communicates with our master air system controller, a ControlLogix L63 via Ethernet.

It is working great. THe new RS500 version and Linx are both working great.

I can't see a reason to not use it if it fits your needs. It was a really cheap solution for us.

RSL