How to find the engineering units of PID values?

Ok found the Technical Reference manual for this controller, never seen any thing like it.

I've attached it for people interested at looking at it.

I've spent 5 minutes looking through it, found this command and if i read it correct it should simply tell you the position.

Command: TP - Tell Real Position --
This command reports the absolute position of the servo. It may be used to monitor motion during both the Motor On (MN) and the Motor Off (MF) states. Related Commands: TT, TO

or try

Command: TT -- Tell Target Position --
This command reports the current target position of the servo. This is the absolute position to which the servo was last commanded to move. It may have been specified directly with the
Move to Position (MP) or Move Absolute (MA) commands or indirectly with the Move Relative (MR)command. If the servo axis is in Velocity Mode (VM), then the target position will track the current optimal position (or that which is reported by the Tell Optimal (TO) command).Related Commands: TO, TP

Mr Holyhobgoblin

We have set up a third order linear differential equation for the open loop motion. This equation involves three constants of which two are proportional to the moving mass and one is independent. The values of the constants are easily derived from your open loop measurements and can be used to calculate optimum values (for a given moving mass) of the three gain parameters in the servo.
I just need to figure out how to convert calculated values of the gain parameters in SI units to SG, SD and SI values!
I thought it can be found by doing a mathematical simulation to convert the values defined in the controller to the real values (the positions). So maybe an example given by an expert can clarify that for me.

As far as I can see, the reference manual does not say how the PID algorithm is calculated, so I can't see how to get from a required gain to a SG value. It might be possible to find the scaling you require by measuring the proportional gain with SD and SI set to zero.

This type of controller is not normally found in the process world.