DeviceNet Scanner Scanlist Empty

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am setting up a very simple DeviceNet network...

1756-DNB Rev 7.2 node 0 - displaying "A#00 NoRX"
1794-ADN/B Rev 2.001 node 2 - ModNet Status LED flashing red, IOStatus LED off, Power GRN
RSLinx version 2.56
RSNetworx version 2.21.00 (Build 27)

I can browse the network with RSNetworx - AOK - it shows me both nodes.

When I go to the DNB scanlist, nothing is showing in "Available Devices", so can't add the ADN to the scan-list.

I've never seen this before, has anyone else ?

Last edited:
Wait, wait: RSNetworx 2.21 ? They're on Version 10 now.

Because the FLEX adapters use a custom applet rather than an EDS-based parameter editor, it's possible that the older RSNetworx software doesn't have an applet to handle the 1794-ADN Series B adapter, and therefore doesn't think it's an available slave device.

Wait, wait: RSNetworx 2.21 ? They're on Version 10 now.

Because the FLEX adapters use a custom applet rather than an EDS-based parameter editor, it's possible that the older RSNetworx software doesn't have an applet to handle the 1794-ADN Series B adapter, and therefore doesn't think it's an available slave device.

Thanks for the heads-up on the revision, Eddie. Stupid me should have researched how far back it was - I even got it wrong - it was 3.21 not 2.21. Perhaps it was a typo, or a mental aberration. Anyway, on the two counts of incompetence, I am now serving 10 days holding my head low and hiding with shame....