Best OPC Server for MES / SCADA

russg

Hi,

I'm looking into what would be the best OPC server to communicate with many different PLC's. Do you guys know which would be the best one to use, or would any be ok? I'm assuming I'd need one with drivers for each PLC I want to communicate with?

Thanks

Russ

russg

I think the Moeller XVC-601 is a CODESYS PLC/HMI, I've not used it but Kepware do have a CODESYS Ethernet driver that works through the programming port, you can download it for free to try it out.

A PLC based on CODESYS?

The Raspberry PI based Codesys PLC has a fully functional OPC UA server by default.

Maybe that Moller PLC has it too. He just has to test to connect with an OPC UA client, the default TCP port number is 4840.

The best? Often you don't have a choice for more obscure system since are only one vendor that supplies the OPC server.