2 DC motors 1 Drive

Scottryan03

Yes, I should have had 2 drives, but I've gotten away with before...

Long story short. I put 2- 1/2 hp DC motors on 1-1hp drive, wired in parallel. I go to start up and they are pulsating like a mf. I stop the drive. Disconnect 1 motor and try again. Still pulsating. I go pull another drive that I had under sized infact 1/50-1/8 hp rating. Hookup 1 motor, runs flawlessly.

I've nailed these drives with far more torque and far more current on the load side before and they always recover.

Was this drive effed from the factory or did I do it? Any thoughts it explanations would be helpful.

Yes, I am adding 2 drives like I should have in the beginning.

Thanks, Scott

Similar Topics

Good Morning , We have a few Interroll 3 Phase 480 vac Roller Motors . At the moment we have Allen Bradley SMC-3 Soft Starters on them . I...
Replies
Views
I have a doubt about an upgrade of a machine. On the old machine two parallel belts (not touching eachother and not mechanically coupled) both...
Replies
Views
I have been using a variable speed drive for every pump for our machines and had the idea of using 1 drive to alternate between 3 pumps, the other...
Replies
Views
Hello . I am wondering how can i drive two dc motors with one dc drive or two dc motors in paralel and two drives in paralel at output. Motors...
Replies
Views
Dear colleagues, hope you can help on that matter. We have a project where we need to control 3 servomotors to move a auger feeder system...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom