FT Studio ME Application Help

MJC

Factory Talk Studio ME

Hi I have not been a long user of FT therefore don’t have a lot of experience with. I have reached an dead end and was hoping for some help from you.
The current project I’m faced with is a control system for a small meat massager/ tumbler. I’d like the operator to have options as to saving recipe values, and retrieving this information as he/she needs to. I’m not even sure that I can call this “Recipes” more of a program as for what the tumbler will do and for how long.
I’d like to store up to 15 different programs and up to 5 steps for each program.
Each step will have the following parameter that can be changed by the operator.
*Work Time for Step 1* (in minutes)
*Rotation Speed* (0-100)
*Vacuum Pressure*( 998-10 mbar)
*Angle* (30 to -28 deg)
I’m quite lost as to how to achieve this in FT. Any help greatly appreciated.
The hardware I’m using is a Panel View plus 700 and SLC 5/04 CPU
I will post the CAT# I soon as I get in to work.

Thank You

My choice would be to leave the HMI as a display and data entry device and do all of the work in the PLC. Lets take a two parameter "recipe" as a for-instance: sugar and milk are its elements.

Sugar would be maintained in, say, file N10. N10[0] would be a copy of the current selected sugar, the "working" location if you will, and [1] through [255] would store the sugar for recipes 1-255.

Same for milk except use file N11.

Using a list box, the operator activates recipe #33 which copies the saved vales into the working values ([33] copied to [0]). Any logic would use these [0] values to do work.

The parameter changing would also work on these [0] values but when the operator presses the ENTER key to save the results, the values in [0] are copied back up to [33].

Of course, there lots of little nuances to this (an UNDO feature can be important) but I'll leave that exercise for the programmer.

Hope this gets you thinking.

Thanks jastolaruk. This is what I was thinking of doing, I just want to be able to store the data in the HMI and as the operator would press enter for a given program the values would copy to their register in the PLC
Please can someone provide more detail as how to acomplish this in FT.

Thanks jastolaruk. This is what I was thinking of doing, I just want to be able to store the data in the HMI and as the operator would press enter for a given program the values would copy to their register in the PLC
Please can someone provide more detail as how to acomplish this in FT.

Research "recipes" in the FT View help. Everything you need is there and in the RA knowledgebase online.