Panelview 900 firmware needed urgently!

Inspecta

Hi all,
I'm in a bit of a fix. I just did a firmware upgrade on a customers' PV K9C15 from version 3.1 to the latest version. However, this is not compatible with the hardware version. The plant needs to be back up and running on monday morning!

I just discovered that I don't have any older versions to hand, so....

Can any kind soul please send me the firmware files for this model from a copy of panelbuilder version 3.4 or older?

If you need to find the exact one, I am doing a direct transfer to the unit 'cos I don't have a flash-card.

Please p.m. me if you can help.

Thanks in anticipation,

Steve.

In PanelBuilder32 software, navigate to Application Settings -> Terminal Setup and click the 'Catalog and Revision Numbers' button.

This gives you a list of the firmware versions that are supported by your copy of PanelBuilder32. Then you can select which version you should load into the terminal.

In my copy of PanelBuilder32 3.82.01, I see the following firmware options for a 2711-K9C15 terminal:

4.10-4.xx
4.00-4.09
3.30-3.xx
3.15-3.29
3.11-3.14

If you post which firmware version you need, someone who has the PanelBuilder32 CD can post the firmware file itself. I don't have a history of which firmware versions were included with PanelBuilder 3.4, which is why this exercise is necessary. I don't personally have the CD at hand.

Last edited:
Thanks Ken, In my panic, I forgot to mention which firmware version I need!
I am looking for ANY firmware preceeding 4.x, but 3.30-3.XX would be ideal.
I had checked on Rockwell's web-site and these versions are included with panel-builder up to version 3.4. I only have V3.82.

I must admit, I was surprised that the software allowed me to download to an incompatible hardware platform, but there you go.....

Now, can anyone come up with a copy of firmware 3.xx? Thanks.

I found my revision CD from 2002, which had PanelBuilder32 3.71 on it, but that release only included firmware 4.20 on it.

Unless a Forum member has a copy of PanelBuilder32 that is more than six years old handy, you will have to update your PanelBuilder32 software to handle the new firmware, which will bring your terminal up to the latest functionality.

It's "C90KICN.EXE". As far back as I've searched, only the current firmware releases are included with each build of PanelBuilder32. To actually find a 3.x firmware file, he'll have to find an installation CD for PanelBuilder32 version 3.4 or earlier, which will be prior to November 1999.

found my rev 3.8 CD but am like Mickey and not sure of the file name, if you could post the name it would be helpful!

Ken can you point me to the right place on the CD??I explore the disk and click PVfirmware then i have two options one is pv card the other is pv terminal..none of the names in those directories have an exe file?

Thanks

I know this may be too late, If you still need it, PM me. I found the file C90KICN.EXE Ken indicated.

On my CD the path is:

\2711ND3\3.82.01\PV_Terminal_FW\FW_Direct\2711-x9cx\C90KICN.exe

The problem is that only the current firmware ships with each edition of PanelBuilder32; one copy of C90KICN.exe firmware will be on the PB32 CD, and it's whatever was current when that version shipped. Unless you have a CD for PanelBuilder32 3.40, circa 1999, you won't have the correct version of the firmware file.

The good news is that once Steve gets fixed up with the current release of PanelBuilder32, he will have the current firmware today (version 4.41) that matches his PV900 Color Keypad ControlNet terminal.

Hi Guys, and thanks for your replies; as you guessed DaveW, I now have it sorted, but I thought you might like to know what happened.

We originally upgraded the firmware as per PanelbuilderV3.81, to firmware V4.20. Unfortunately, the hardware wasn't up to that release of firmware and wouldn't boot properly. This was the point where I posted my query.

I managed to get an old copy of panelbuilder from a friend. (A REAL friend, it being early on Sunday morning!)

'Downgrading' to F/w V4.0 did the trick, although I did have to update the firmware for the (internal) comms card seperately. (Were you aware that Enet,Cnet and Dnet comms versions all need seperate comms firmware?)

Incidentally, the reason for upgrading was that I was converting from PLC5 to CLX and the p/v didn't have the ability to communicate to anything other than a PLC5. Even with the new firmware, it is not possible to access boolean tags, and I had to change the programs to use integer tags instead.

One other point; Panelbuilder gives the ability to write applications for different firmware versions, it doesn't do anything about changing firmware except that the very latest version is included on each CD.

Again, thanks for your replies and suggestions. Steve.

Hi inspecta

I read your post because I have a similar problem, at the factory we have a very old PanelView 900 it is a 2711-T9C8 FRN 3.02. I tried to to upgrade the firmware to a 4.41 but it is not compatible with the hardware. The firmware file I need is the C90TDHP.exe from an old panelbuilder disc. I already search over internet on the knowledge database but this file is imposible to find. Please if you still have a copy of that disc. Could you send me the file ?