RSLogix 500 Development Environment has stopped working

TheNellyfish

Hello everyone! Today I began having issues opening RSLogix 500 version 9.0.0.4. The program is unable to load and an error message stating "RSLogix 500 Development Environment has stopped working". In the message, it states that the problem event name is BEX and the fault module name is RSwl032.dll. I have tried fully uninstalling and reinstalling as well as removing the dll file and repairing, but neither have made a difference. Anybody have any ideas on possible fixes? Thanks!

Yeah, a corrupt file has been my best guess so far too. Unfortunately the guy with full access to the Rockwell tech support isn't around right now... go figure šŸ™ƒ

RSlogix 500 development environment has stopped working Deaux

I have this same issue with my 64 bit laptop. I have MS 2010. The fixes you presented to TheNellyFish didn't work or were not pertinent to my machine. Do you have any suggestions or updates? I tried exporting and deleting the 14.0 folder. That did not work. I tried uninstalling RSLogix 500 and reinstalling it, that did not work either.

And you just saved me a bunch of time today. I had been running version 9.0 for two years and today it decides it will not start. Several of the other attempts at recovery failed to help, but the new dll file seems to have fixed it.

Thanks!

Just had this same problem today with rslogix500 v 9.0, new DLL fixed it.

Last time I had to uninstall all rockwell software to get this to work. Thanks for saving me the time...