error "rslogix 500 development environment has stopped working"

unsaint32

I can ping the PLC just fine. But when I load Rslogix 500 and try to go online I get this error message. "RSLogix 500 development environment has stopped working." What is going on? Thanks.

I can ping the PLC just fine. But when I load Rslogix 500 and try to go online I get this error message. "RSLogix 500 development environment has stopped working." What is going on? Thanks.

I know this thread is old but I found it while trying to fix the same problem and found that finding a solution online was very difficult.

I am running Windows Vista Business 32bit OS.

After several reinstalls of RSLogix 500 and all of its components I resorted to called Tech Connect and they found that the version of RSLogix I was running was not compatible with my OS. :unsure:

He then directed me to www.ab.com

You'll need to register for access to the knowledgebase and have a serviceable version of RSLogix (not really sure what that means, I thought you would be able to upgrade any software once you've paid for a license).

The only version of RSLogix that will work on the above OS is version 9.05.01

There is a handy "find download" tool on the AB site you can see it here under the "DOWLOAND" heading select "Find Downloads" and then type in "RSLogix 500" in the product search. A list of Revisions should pop up to the right and you can select 9.05.01 and then click "downloads".

After installing both factory talk activation and tools, RSLogix 500 and RSLinx Lite the software is now fully operational :nodi::nodi::nodi:

I hope you all have the same success I have had.

I know this thread is old but I found it while trying to fix the same problem and found that finding a solution online was very difficult.

I am running Windows Vista Business 32bit OS.

After several reinstalls of RSLogix 500 and all of its components I resorted to called Tech Connect and they found that the version of RSLogix I was running was not compatible with my OS. :unsure:

He then directed me to www.ab.com

You'll need to register for access to the knowledgebase and have a serviceable version of RSLogix (not really sure what that means, I thought you would be able to upgrade any software once you've paid for a license).

The only version of RSLogix that will work on the above OS is version 9.05.01

There is a handy "find download" tool on the AB site you can see it here under the "DOWLOAND" heading select "Find Downloads" and then type in "RSLogix 500" in the product search. A list of Revisions should pop up to the right and you can select 9.05.01 and then click "downloads".

After installing both factory talk activation and tools, RSLogix 500 and RSLinx Lite the software is now fully operational :nodi::nodi::nodi:

I hope you all have the same success I have had.

Good to know. Thank you.