PLC data type members

robbm2k

I don't have a ton of experience working with the specifics of the CONTROL data type structure in Logix5000, so I'm trying to find somewhere that has a listing of what all the members of standard data type structures. I get the length and position members (.LEN and .POS), but some others I'm trying to sort out. The others in the CONTROL structure are EM, EN, ER, EU, FD, IN, UL. Anyone have a manual or anything that lists out what each of these are, searching the rockwell help file and google haven't been too helpful since keywords are control, data type, member, structure, etc.
Thanks in advance.

I don't have a ton of experience working with the specifics of the CONTROL data type structure in Logix5000, so I'm trying to find somewhere that has a listing of what all the members of standard data type structures. I get the length and position members (.LEN and .POS), but some others I'm trying to sort out. The others in the CONTROL structure are EM, EN, ER, EU, FD, IN, UL. Anyone have a manual or anything that lists out what each of these are, searching the rockwell help file and google haven't been too helpful since keywords are control, data type, member, structure, etc.
Thanks in advance.

You have to read the help files for the specific instructions that use the CONTROL data type. Not all instructions use all of the members. Add a FFL on a rung, highlight it and hit F1 on the keyboard. The bits will be explained. Try the same a FAL and a FBC.

Here's a few of the bits in a LIFO/FIFO/FFL/FFU context:

xxx.png

And more from a sequencer context:

zzz.png

And from an ASCII context:

aaa.png

FILE context:

bbb.png

BSL/BSR context (alternate UL meaning):

ccc.png

Last edited:
thanks all, i knew one of the AB manuals would have definitions like that, just had to locate one and the bottom of one of those screenshots helped, and just looking into separate instructions using the help menu that defines them too. much appreciated