RSViewME (3.2) Invalid Expression Error

automatic

I am getting an Invalid expression error on tags that I try to use bitwise operators. I found the Rockwell technote - E50265342 - Invalid Expression: Invalid Floating Point Operation - did what it says, but I am still getting the error.
I am converting the application from a 1400e with Block transfers.

Thanks!
-------------------------
Rockwell Technote
E50265342 - Invalid Expression: Invalid Floating Point Operation

Last Modified: 07/02/2003

General Category:
sHMI (Visualization)
Product(s):
ecblank.gif
RSView Machine Edition
Catalog #:
ecblank.gif
Series / Revision:
ecblank.gif
Symptoms (Keyphrases):
ecblank.gif
Problem:
ecblank.gif
Expression causes a diagnotic error message and the expression does not work.
Cause:
ecblank.gif
This is caused by using bitwise operators with a Default data type in an HMI tag
Verify:
ecblank.gif
A diagnostics errror message is created when the display is opened at runtime, or the display is test run in RSView Studio.
Cure:
ecblank.gif
Use direct reference tags or change the HMI Tag data type to an integer data type.
Prevention:
ecblank.gif
Always specify a data type when creating integer HMI tags. This is automatically done if the Tag Browser is used to select tag addresses.
Problem

Expression causes a diagnotic error message and the expression does not work
"Unable to activate connection"
"Invalid expression: Invalid floating point operation"

Cause

This is caused by using bitwise operators with a Default data type in an HMI tag. Bitwise operators are only valid for integer tags. The default data type means that the HMI tag can act as a floating point tag or an integer tag.

Example expression: Tag & 3

Solution Use direct reference tags or change the HMI Tag data type to an integer data type. This can be easily done by exporting the tag database to a CSV file (Tag Import/Export Wizard) and then changing all the required tags to Integer data type (Change column H "Native Type" to an uppercase i "I" for each required tag). Once this is done, import the CSV file back into the ME application. You will need to restart RSView Studio before the tag changes are updated.

Always specify a data type when creating integer HMI tags. This is automatically done if the Tag Browser is used to select tag addresses

Solved

Apparently, closing and opening RSView Studio is not enough. A re-start of the computer fixed the problem, after doing what the technote says.