RS Logix 500

keclark83

Hi,
I am working with a inventory system that is scanning the bar code that will read data to ST9:0 and part numbers 123 go to N7:0, 456 go to N7:1, and 789 go to N7:2. I know i can use ACI or MOV for changing from string to interger. but I am having an issue with how to input the data to string. So once it is scanned it will go to which ever n7 file according to the item scanned by part number.

Welcome to the forum.

please tell us the following information.
which plc? 5/01, 5/02, 5/03, 5/04, 5/05?
what barcode scanner?
in regards to the barcode: numeric or alphanumeric?
any prefix, suffix characters used?
crc data validation being used?
total length in characters?

I am assuming the barcode is 123456789 and maybe a zero?

I create the barcodes here in my opinion, these questions need to be answered before you continue.

james

James Mcquade,
Thanks for reaching out for help. I was able to figure out my issues and have gotten the program working.