RS Linx V RS Linx Enterprise

TimeFluxCap

I have RSLinx Pro and RS Linx Enterprise on my PC as I am using RSView ME to build a PV+ program and RSLogix500 to build a Micro1000 program.

If I have had RSLogix500 running I have to go into services and turn off RSLinx in order for RSLinx Enterprise to use the comms port to talk to the micro (for browsing tags and using the test function).

Am I doing things the hard way or is there a seamless way to use both?

Basically I cant look at the Micro ladder online while I am running RSView ME in test.

The previous post shows you to share the com port which is what you asked for. The rest of this post is to show how to start and stop RSLinx Enterprise (or any other service).

I often need to start and stop RSLinx Enterprise (and other services as well) so I just built a Windows shortcut to start and stop the RSLinx Enterprise services.

The commands are simple:

Net Start <name of the service>
Net Stop <name of service>

I just built two shortcuts one to start and another to stop. This works anytime I need to start or stop these services.

OG

I had a go at the tech note today and it works a treat!

Opera, I made bat files doing what you suggest and it also works fine! Is bat files the same method that you use?