Downloading PLC Program to Controller Error

SWARP3

Hello,

I am attempting to download a program someone else created to an existing PLC (1769-L24ER-QB1B CompactLogix5370 Controller). However, when I initiate the download I am met with an error... "Error: Rung 3, OTE, Operand 0: Invalid bit specifier."

This error points to an individual bit in the program like "MD_X2000:O.Data[2].10" ... And, when I search in controller tags it maxes out at Data[2].7

I'm guessing it has something to do with my base data type size?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

This error points to an individual bit in the program like "MD_X2000:O.Data[2].10" ... And, when I search in controller tags it maxes out at Data[2].7

I'm guessing it has something to do with my base data type size?

You are correct that it is related to data type -- the tag is an array of SINT (since it has 8 bits per member), so any bit address above 7 is not valid.

As alan_505 refers to, the array is part of a system-generated tag for an IO device or module named MD_X2000, meaning either the programmer incorrectly set it up when creating it the in the IO tree or misremembered how the data was formatted when programming the OTE (or just had a typo).

If you have the manual for the device you may be able to cross-reference it with what the program is doing to figure out which and correct the issue. Or contact the programmer.