IC200PNS002 Configure Device Name

jimwawar47

Hello,

How is the initial device name configured on a IC200PNS002? Is it done via the Micro B USB connection and MachineEdition DCP Tool?

I have finished installing my first system using IC695PNC001 and remote IO using IC200PNS002. It is also my first fiber install. I don't have power to my enclosures yet. I had planned to sort out the configuration now, oh well. I return in 3 weeks to commission. I would like to have setting the device name figured out by then if possible. I have done IC200PNS001s before, on those just connect via the RJ45 port and run the DCP Tool. I have looked at GFK-2721 and would have worked if I had time.

Thanks for any help

I have seen that as well. My hope was if the USB port was connected it would pick it up.

In the data sheet for PNS001 there is a note -
Note: The USB port is for firmware upgrades only. It
is not intended for permanent connection
It is the last line that has me hopeful it may allow other connections.

Setting of the PNS name has to be done via the Ethernet side with DCP tool in PME. I don't know about others DCP tools. I have setup dozens of these systems and that's how it has to be set, from the Ethernet side.

This is the reply I got back from my GE provider:
Yes, with the IC200PNS002 you can assign I/O devices names through the USB port using the MachineEdition DCP Tool.

I am back onsite in a few weeks and will confirm this as it is contrary to the documentation.

I have finished the setup.

The USB plug does not work, as the manual says. It is possible to connect through the Ethernet port on CPU. This gives a full list of PNS002s on the system.Unless the MAC Address is known for each device, the identify is needed for device configuration. The setup I was working with the PNS002s were scattered. The DCP Tool works on PNS002 using a media converter. The one I purchased was from StarTech, part MCM110SC2. I had spare SC/SC cable to connect to the PNS002.