You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 17th, 2016, 12:02 PM   #1
khelza
Canada

Question Micro810 & Connect Components Workbench - Configuring Analog Input

I have a very simple program which is run by a 2080-LC10-12QWB Micro810 PLC connected to a single sensor.

The sensor has two outputs, one which is analog, and the other which is a switching output.

I have the sensor wired correctly (I believe) M12 with:
- 1/BN connected to +DC of the PLC power supply
- 2/WH connected to I-00 (which is both analog/digital input) - this is analog output
- 3/BU connected to COM terminal of inputs which is jumpered to -DC of PLC power supply
- 4/BK connected to I-07 which is strictly digital input - this is switching output
- 5/GY not connected as it's an input to the sensor not required

I have not found where to configure I-00 to say that I am using it as analog, or where to specify 4-20ma or 0-10v.

The weird thing is, I'm getting a value in I-03 which is also analog/digital, but I have nothing connected to it. The value is always the same, 1018, and switches between that value and 0, with the sensor.

Monitoring the variables shows both IO_EM_AI_00 and IO_EM_DI_00 (analog and digital) and I see the DI go high with the sensor, but AI is always 0.

Manual specs shows:
8 Input (4 digital, 4 analog/digital, configurable) for this PLC, but where is it actually configurable?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by khelza; June 17th, 2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old June 20th, 2016, 10:49 AM   #2
gclshortt
Canada

http://literature.rockwellautomation...r001_-en-p.pdf

Chapter 3 –
Configuring Controller Plug-in Modules

The above should help you out.
Regards,
Old June 20th, 2016, 08:55 PM   #3
damica1
United States

Here's the manual for micro810.

http://literature.rockwellautomation...m001_-en-e.pdf

The embedded analog inputs on this model are 0-10v (ONLY) Input #2(-24) will be the gnd(-) side of the sensor and Input #3(I:0) will be the positive side of the sensor (this will be analog input #I:0(_IO_EM_A1_00)

The embedded analog inputs are 10 bit(0-1023) so the raw read will never be more than 1023 for 10 volts.
Old June 21st, 2016, 07:50 AM   #4
khelza
Canada

Thanks for the replies!

I didn't have network reception on-site so I was going off of an older 2080 manual which showed all analog inputs shared with digital I-00..03. However, the proper manual showed that the analog inputs are actually shared with digital I-04..07.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum