You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.
Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back - Interactive Q & A > - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:58 AM   #1
United Kingdom

Talking Electronics - BEng Assignment

Hi All,

i know technically not a PLC, but you guys have a wealth of knowledge that maybe someone will be able to help in this subject.

i have an assignment for my electronics module that i am struggling with. We have to design a 4x4 multiplier circuit in Quartus for an Altera FPGA that then takes a signed integer and then converts in to BCD before displaying it on a 7 seg display.

i have created the AND Array and boxed it up into what i would only describe as an AOI, and the same for the Carry Save Adder. What i am struggling with is the conversion into the Binary to BCD and then out to the three 7 seg displays.

i have tried to research the connections between each block, but what i do manage to find show the same sort of circuit as i have here.

any help greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Circuit Diagram.jpg (68.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Waveform Output.jpg (30.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg WaveForm Output 2.jpg (56.5 KB, 17 views)
"So far as is reasonably practicable

"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Albert Einstein
Old January 2nd, 2018, 04:23 PM   #2

The above link may help you out.
Connect with us on Facebook:
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum