You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 16th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #1
agarb
United States

Fancy Exclamation A/B PanelView 1000 problems

Our district Rockwell Sales Engineer has acknowledged that A/B is indeed searching for a problem with some new PanelView 1000's manufactured since Feb. of this year. He says that while a small percentage of units are affected, it is not large enough to issue a Product Service Advisory or Stop Shippment.

The symptom we observed is an error 60, displayed in multiple langugages. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=23339
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #2
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Araon,

If it's just in the multiple langugages you could always do it the old fashion way and just have multiple screens and duplicate tags the way we had to do it in previous version 3.x, it's a pain but it may work
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:31 AM   #3
agarb
United States

No, this is an internal panelview error -- one that we have no control over. It randomly appears (in multiple languages) and power must be cycled to recover from the error.

Sorry if this was not clear.

Aaron
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #4
agarb
United States

Perhaps I was unclear about something else.

I have no question to be answered by members of this forum. The purpose of my starting this thread is as an FYI to others that may run across this same problem. Especially since A/B has been hesitant to officially acknowledge that it exists.
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #5
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarb
Perhaps I was unclear about something else.

I have no question to be answered by members of this forum. The purpose of my starting this thread is as an FYI to others that may run across this same problem. Especially since A/B has been hesitant to officially acknowledge that it exists.
Got that part...my point was, trying to find a work around...I have one on order.
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:43 AM   #6
martyh
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusintraining
Got that part...my point was, trying to find a work around...I have one on order.
Sounds like if the problem was with a certain batch of PanelViews, you shouldn't do a workaround, but instead get another PV.
Old June 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #7
Jimmie_Ohio
United States

Here's My Error 60 Story (go figure)

I took a PanelView to my office for checking the screens as I designed them. I have a bunch of custom graphics and wanted to see how they looked.

I have gotten that "Error 60" message several times over the last two weeks. The only way to clear it is to cycle power. No keypad keys do anything, not even to get to the configuration screen. Here's exactly what the PanelView display looks like:

On a blue screen:

ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!

My PanelView particulars are:

Catalog # 2711K10C8
Series E
Revision B
FRN 4.46

When I boot up, the unit shows a date of "February 20, 2006" to the right of V4.46, the firmware revision level.

Today, I took this to the panel shop to play with it hooked to the PLC. The error never came up in the course of four hours.

This afternoon, I returned in my office with the PV to make a few changes from the comfort of my own desk. The PV is not hooked to any communication. No DH+. No RS232. Just 120VAC power. First thing after I plug it in, the "Error 60" message come up. I re-power and its working normally.

Go figure.
Old June 19th, 2006, 10:21 AM   #8
agarb
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
Sounds like if the problem was with a certain batch of PanelViews, you shouldn't do a workaround, but instead get another PV.
Yes, we installed a warranty replacement at the advice of A/B tech support. The problem still remained. Rockwell doesn't know how to fix their problem, yet.
Old June 26th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #9
agarb
United States

ROHS woes

Latest update, 2nd-hand info from my boss, says that A/B made a change to comply with European ROHS regulations and this is the root cause of our error 60 problem. A/B has managed to find a rev C unit in their repair chain that they are sending to us to replace the new PanelView that has been plagued with the infamous error 60's.
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #10
Jimmie_Ohio
United States

For everyone that has experienced the dreaded "Error 60" issue, my A-B distributor tech support guy (good guy, too) has emailed me with a new A-B knowledge base article addressing this issue and the appropriate action.

Here's the link:

http://domino.automation.rockwell.co...3?OpenDocument

I'm sending mine back today for exchange. Everyone else should do the same...
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum