You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:53 AM   #1
geirove
Norway

Simulating a S7 200 prog. on 300 simulator

Hello,

I have an old S7 200 with a 214 CPU. The program it is running is written in LAD form. Only Digital I/O is used, and now expansion modules are attached. I want to simulate this program, and thought of using Siemens' PLCSIM or WINPLC.

All I am looking for, is to find any problems in the program if an unexpected Input is encountered: So I want to monitor I/O and memory locations when simulating different Inputs.
I do not care about the scan time (it is a slow process anyway).

I do not think I need a 214 compatible Emulator to do the simulation work, or what? I mean, the CPU 214 program is written in Ladder form and I guess I can recreate the same Ladder logic on a S7 300.

Comments are highly appreciated !

Geir Ove
Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:09 AM   #2
sapoleon
Argentina

I made a small search and found this in another forum.
It's a simulator for the S7-200 and also S7-200 TD. There are other interesting things in the page.
The page is in spanish

http://personales.ya.com/canalPLC/

for the download section go to:

http://personales.ya.com/canalPLC/descarga.htm

there is also an english version of the software. I didn't try it, but it seems a nice simulator.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:31 AM   #3
geirove
Norway

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. I have seen this stuff. However, as with WINPLC7, there is very little documentation and few users and nobody answers any mail....

In this case, I have a client waiting for results, and they pay for the software, so I can buy, within reason, for what we need.

The question remains: Can I successfully use a 300 simulator for my 200 simulation needs: Se origina posting for details.

Geir Ove
Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:35 AM   #4
SimonGoldsworthy
United Kingdom

Can you buy a S7-200 and use it for your simulation ? Replace the i/o with flags (if an S7-200 has them - I'm not familiar with the 200 range).
Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:40 AM   #5
geirove
Norway

Hello,

Thanks for the input.

Yes I can use a 200 PLC to debug the application. However, as I will be doing a lot of travelling on this project, I would prefer the convenience of having a Simulator / Emulator on my PC that goes with me wherever I am... :-)

Geir Ove
Old October 23rd, 2006, 11:00 AM   #6
ivo.maenen
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapoleon
I made a small search and found this in another forum.
It's a simulator for the S7-200 and also S7-200 TD. There are other interesting things in the page.
The page is in spanish

http://personales.ya.com/canalPLC/

for the download section go to:

http://personales.ya.com/canalPLC/descarga.htm

there is also an english version of the software. I didn't try it, but it seems a nice simulator.

The downloaded version asks for a 'acces key'. I can not read spanish but my guess is that you have to buy 'it'. As it is, I can not test this software.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:10 PM   #7
geirove
Norway

Smile

Hello,

Yes I have seen it. No support. Answers in italian. What more can I say?

Still my original question remains unanswered

Geir Ove
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:38 AM   #8
ivo.maenen
Belgium

I never have worked with S7-200, but from the few minutes I have looked at it, I remember that counters and timers have a different build up. This difference you should be able to check out with your software and WINPLC. WINPLC is not so difficult.

Maximum 20 segments per block, but you can always call a different block in one of those segments. I really do not know how many blocks you can use. Then 'send all blocks', switch the cpu in RUN-mode (switch on the right side) and 'view process image' to emulate I/O's. It is even possible to monitor counters and timers like this or change I/O-adresses
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #9
sapoleon
Argentina

In the same forum, they say to try with 6596 for authorization. The man in the web page does not answer mails. I have not try it so I didn't know the number was so important

I write to the people there, If they tell me it has some cost, I'll let you know. (If they answer).

There is no strightforward way of making the simulation of the S7-200 with the S7-300 simulator. The code is not 100% equal. So for that, you should write your code twice. One for each processor, and be very carefull with the behavior of the instructions. Specially timers and counters and other blocks like that. For that mater, if you write your code for any other PLC simulator, you will have the same results. S7-200 and S7-300 are quite different.

Last edited by sapoleon; October 24th, 2006 at 02:15 AM.
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:20 AM   #10
geirove
Norway

Hello JP,

Thanks for the answer. Yes I understand that the instructions are different, and that I probably have to write the program twice: Luckily it is not a large program, and we are going to phase the 200 out. The program only uses two delay timers and one MOVE Byte instruction: The rest is reading / writing I/O and Memory locations.

I think I can recreate this logic in a S300 simulator!

Geir Ove
Old November 5th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #11
sapoleon
Argentina

I get permission from J.L.Villanueva M. to distribute the access codes of the programs in the forum.

Clave del programa S7_200: 6596
Clave del programa PC_SIMU: 9966
Clave del programa CADe_SIMU: 4962

those are de codes, I think that only the S7_200 is in english, I'm not sure thou.

there are the codes for you, and thanks to J.L.Villanueva M
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:51 AM   #12
Amr Hassan
Egypt

we did something like what you wanted to do .
I think it is possible if you know the differnces between s7-200 and 300 . it deends on the complixity of the program

may be you can send the the s7200 program and we would be able to judge how succesful would it be
Old November 5th, 2006, 06:10 AM   #13
Amr Hassan
Egypt

what is winplc ?

by the way take care the etension modules for 214 is different from those you can buy now from siemens , the s214 where puggable into each other (without the samll flat cable)
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #14
ivo.maenen
Belgium

Yesterday I have tried the S7-200 simulator. It worked with code like:

A I 0.0
= Q 0.0

but when I used a timer, it didn't do what is was supposed to do.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum