Siemens Panel Problem

juanmdx

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on the update of a really old siemens panel (Operator Panel OP30/B) which application was made on an even older software (Gracis for Windows (GraWin) 1997-1998), the thing is that I need to make the application for the new panel, but it has to be more or less the same one on the PB30/B, does anyone knows if I can upload the application to WinCC or Protol even if it was made on another software, because the GraWin is too old, it's even discontinuated, I've tryed to download a manual or something but not even Siemens has anything (the GraWin was from them), I can't contact the company who made the application because they crashed...

So if anyone knows anything about GraWin or if I can upload the application to another software (Protol or WinCC) it would be of a lot of help.

Juan

Op30

Hello Juan

Are you sure of the GraWin thing? , never heard of that before.o_O
Upload of Siemens Op panels are possible with Prosave but it should be Protool or Wincc in I think. An upload give you a archive file
just for security but you will need the original project file to do any editing.

Hi Juan

I've never heard of GRACIS either but I've just searched the Siemens tech support site and the only result I got stated -
The 10-year obligation to supply spare parts has expired for the below-stated modules belonging to the range of GRACIS - WF48x systems. These systems will therefore be discontinued as per Nov. 1, 2005 . This means that neither orders for new systems nor repairs can be accepted after this date. The relevant memory cards and GRACIS software packages are also discontinued.
This appears to suggest that Siemens discontinued the products in 1995 (!), did their usual 10-year support after discontinuation, and then killed the range. The reference to WF48x also makes me think this may have had something to do with machine tools rather than general purpose PLCs.

Regards

Ken

Migration

If there's anyone still interested:
GRACIS is visualisation system for process monitoring for local and SINEC H1 connection.
We made a migration to WinCC 3 years ago. There is no migration-tool available.
For me the GraWin-Tool looked like the direct antecessor of the WinCC-Graphics-Designer.

The WF's were very early HMI's, in Heinz we had in the 100's of WF470's.

WF470's were graphic cards that fitted into a S5-150u or 155u chassis slot, the keyboard was connected to I/O and the screen was fed with a R/G/B cables from the card.