About CP1H ModbusRTU

skdixit

Dear Friends

We are using Omron PLC for Varios applications, In one of the our application with CP1H PLC of Omron we are trying to get data from energy meters thru Modbus communication, but we are unable to establish communication between devices (which support Modbus RTU) and CP1H PLC.Is it possible to establish communication between CP1H PLC and other devices which support Modbus.
With CJ1M we are able to do this by using SCU41.

Regards

You will require an add in RS485 port (inexpensive) and the CP1 has an 'Easy Modbus Master' function. Place the PLC in program mode and set up the port. Setting up the function is covered in the manual.

I have not used it by the way as I rareley ever use anything other than the CJ1 PLC these days. I suspect the 'Easy Modbus Master' function will be available in the next release on the CJ/CS processors along with a USB interface.

Have just set up Modbus RTU masters in 8 CS1 PLCs reading from 45 Crompton blind power monitors. Works very well. All values in the units come back as real figures.

Hi Bob

Thanks, but we have already made a try along with RS485 port CP1W-CIF11, but it doesn't work. Have anybody try modbus function of CP1H.

The MODBUS Easy Master work great for me.
The examples in the manual are for Omron [Yaskawa] drives.
In your case you are using different components.
You need to get a complete list of the Modbus commands, responses and data structure that your devices will recognize and correctly implement them into your ladder.

omron cp1h

The MODBUS Easy Master work great for me.
The examples in the manual are for Omron [Yaskawa] drives.
In your case you are using different components.
You need to get a complete list of the Modbus commands, responses and data structure that your devices will recognize and correctly implement them into your ladder.

hello, I am trying to configure the cp1h with the cif11 according to the manual with a delta variant sclavo but there is no answer I get error 82 which is frame error, you will have some information how I could do it, in advance thank you.

hello, I am trying to configure the cp1h with the cif11 according to the manual with a delta variant sclavo but there is no answer I get error 82 which is frame error, you will have some information how I could do it, in advance thank you.

You're replying to a post that is 12 years old. You're best approach is to start a new thread.