You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:31 PM   #1
Jean-Philippe
Canada

Panelview 900 problem Error 60

Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum. I have a Panelview 900 without user manual. The problem: The screen starts to flick, and "Error 60" was displayed on the screen. The touchscreen was unresponsive. I cycled the power and they never restart. The red light (fault) always stays on and even when I push "RESET" on the back nothing happen. Can you help me?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:18 PM   #2
Jean-Philippe
Canada

And do you think when you press "RESET" on the back, you lose your program?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:44 PM   #3
barryoc
Ireland

Jean,
Manual available here. See page 236

http://support.elmark.com.pl/rockwel...M014A-EN-P.PDF
Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:02 PM   #4
jrwb4gbm
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Philippe View Post
Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum. I have a Panelview 900 without user manual. The problem: The screen starts to flick, and "Error 60" was displayed on the screen. The touchscreen was unresponsive. I cycled the power and they never restart. The red light (fault) always stays on and even when I push "RESET" on the back nothing happen. Can you help me?
Pages B-17 and B-18 in the manual shown in the link above have the answers to your questions.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM   #5
Jean-Philippe
Canada

Thank you guys for the hints. So "error 60" is "CPU could not execute code". Do you think that the system is corrupted? When I try to reboot-it, instead of the "Self-test startup page", I only see unreadable characters and the screen turn black.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:46 PM   #6
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

All those symptoms are consistent with a failed terminal. "Failed", as in broken and probably unfixable.

And that's bad news. The application program cannot be retrieved if the operating system can't boot.

The PanelView 900 Standard hasn't been manufactured for 5 years or so. The PanelView 1000 Standard terminals are still being built brand new.

For most failed PanelView 900 terminals, I try to do a conversion to the newer PanelView Plus platform.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:47 PM   #7
Jean-Philippe
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
All those symptoms are consistent with a failed terminal. "Failed", as in broken and probably unfixable.

And that's bad news. The application program cannot be retrieved if the operating system can't boot.

The PanelView 900 Standard hasn't been manufactured for 5 years or so. The PanelView 1000 Standard terminals are still being built brand new.

For most failed PanelView 900 terminals, I try to do a conversion to the newer PanelView Plus platform.
Thank you for your time. I will remove the Panelview of my system: I will install an Honeywell Experion Station with a graphic display to replace it. This system was from a closed plant in Texas. We bring back some equipments in Canada and we tried to use it here but... That's ok.