- 1756-L7x controller
- L43S/L45S compactlogix safety controllers
- Protected/ Signed AOIs
- Protected and Constant tags
- Printing I/O configuration
- SFC edit without reset

Beware of version 18

Hi
I tried version 18 and I found that the Add-on calls are buggy.
If you pass a indexed array structure to an Add-on the whole rung where the add-on is called will NOT be executed. If you try the same program with firmware 17 all is OK.

I think we will need some patches before deploying the new version.....

I did some additional testing on v18 and I found the following:

- Have a array of UDT (StructureOfUdt[10])
- Pass an indexed element of the array to an Add-on (e.g. pass StructureOfUdt[x])

This DISABLED parsing of the whole line where the add-on is called (including the add-on itself)!!!
If you pass a fixed element of the array everything is ok (e.g pass StructureOfUdt[3]).

Problem has been acknowledged by rockwell support and it affects these product:
- RsEmulate
- SoftLogix
Rockwell states that ControlLogix CPUs are not affected but I have not a ControlLogix CPU handy to verify it (but I will get one soon).
It also seems that we will need to wait one MAJOR release (v19) to have this fixed.

Regards

Hello..
Do you know where I can Download the RSLogix 5000 ?...free..
I need to made a small change but I dont want to pay a lot of money just for this...
Thank you very much !

RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000 isn't free. Depending on what model Logix processor you have and what you need to do, there are different editions. Or hire someone with the software to do it.

Ok jkerekes..
The CPU is a CompactLogix L32E..
Thanks for your help !

That is great but it is still not free. Depending on what feature set you need the price of the software will change, contact your local distributor. Talk to the AB distributor they my have a reference of whom you could hire to come in at a T&M basis, if it is really a small change the price tag will be cheaper than the software.