PLCCenter/Radwell repairs?

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
anyone have experience with them. I thought they had a great reputation but so far my experience with them has been substandard.

I sent in 2 panelview logic modules, 1 was repaired and the other came back with the power connector soldered on backwards which would have burnt up the unit had I not caught it. (the connector had been ripped off, thats why I sent it in)

I then sent 2 micrologix 1400's , the first at the very least had some bad digital inputs, my techs sent it off before I could fully test it. the 2nd has a bad comm port and 1 bad digital output. both units had been sent in because they were involved in a shorting out of the DC supply system.

Anyone have good experience with them? Any other recommendations for a repair center? I find it hard to believe that they dont check these products before they send them back to the customer. how in the heck do you solder a connector on backwards when the polarity is printed on both the unit and the connector?

I've never used PLCCenter for any repairs, but when I've ordered parts from them, they've ALWAYS been fast and accurate. In our plants, we have alot of obsolete stuff and they've been a lifesaver for us more than once...

yeah I dont understand how this could happen. it seems like they have a state of the art system in place. I have 2 more PLC's coming in. If either one has issues I will have to look elsewhere for my repairs.

whats the turn around time from GIT?

We usually get about a 2 week turn around...You can always pay for "rush" service 2-4 days depending on shipping time.
When we have called ahead they could usually let us know about how long the turn around time would be. Good Luck!

I've only used them for obsolete parts, not for repairs. They do have a decent selection of those hard to find components, although the delivery has sometimes been an issue. I most recently purchased a few back-up batteries for some Versamax
Micros. My local GE guy had a $250 minimum.

(n)

Based on the other replies, I think their problems are systemic.

I had some (RFE) stuff to sell. After agreeing on the items included and the price a pickup was arranged. The pickup guy called FROM MY DRIVEWAY!! and says he's ready. A little warning would've been nice! Like, maybe, the guy'll be in your area about 10 a.m. Thursday, or something.

Once we got the stuff loaded (actually, hapazardly stacked) in the back of his minivan, he was heading for the driver's seat when I asked about some documentation, like maybe a receipt? He asked if I didn't have anything like that. No. The only paper I had was the quote they sent me. He signed that as acknowledgement that they had actually received something from me.

After a reasonable time with no communication I called. They didn't know where the parts were(!?). After awhile I called again and was told the parts had been mistakenly been sent to the wrong department, which department didn't know what to do with them.

Once that was straightened out, he then, to verify what we had agreed upon, read off the list of parts received and the size of the check to be cut to me. This list did not jibe with my list. After more wrangling about whose list was correct he relelented and I was eventually sent the agreed upon amount.

:mad:

YMMV

cheap repair

I am a qualified repair technician with 10 years experience. Most repair facilities repair items for about 1/2 of the price of new. The average turn around time for the major repair facilites like E-south, Galco and PLc center are about a month. I will repair most items on my personal time for 1/4 the cost of new. I can repair most Plc's, Ac drives, Dc drives, Power supplies and circuit boards. If anyone would like a free quote e-mail me.