Contrologix ENBT Fail T006 ?

Jeff23spl

I'm actually on site to do commissionning of provided controle panel using a contrologix CPU with 1 enbt module

I configured and tested everything few months ago but the panel got shipped and remain un powered until now

When i switch it back to on, the red light on the CPU is solid as the red light on the ENBT module also showing a constant Fail T006 message that mean nothing to me ?

I tried pingging it but the configured adress don't work while boot p or DHP with the mac adress can't regognize the module.

The actual small network just have my laptop, HMI and PLC on it...I can still ping the HMI but plc isn't responding...(Local switch directly connected)

Unfortunately i configured the serial port of the PLC as a Modbus so i think i'm stuck with Ethernet ...

How can i reset PLC communication channel ? IS there a way ?
Is there a way to try a reset on the ENBT module also ?

Any help would be very appreciated

RA Knowledgebase 47682 - 1756-ENBT or 1756-CNB/R Scrolling FAIL T006

You will need a techconnect contract to view.

Basically its says to remove all the modules except for the ENBT and see if the problem continues. If so replace the ENBT. If the problem continues, and a module one at a time and see when it comes back. Then replace that module. At a last resort, replace the chassis.

Just last week I had this exact same problem. The processor also had a solid red light. I removed all of the modules from the rack and inserted one at a time. That made everything start working again.

Basically its says to remove all the modules except for the ENBT and see if the problem continues. If so replace the ENBT. If the problem continues, and a module one at a time and see when it comes back. Then replace that module. At a last resort, replace the chassis.

I should have said: "If the Problem clears" not continues.

i did removed all cards and put back plc+enbt and powered back but plc wasn't inserted well while enbt come back green, i shut it down again, put back the cpu then try again and working...i put back all other i/o s 1 by 1 with power on and off and everything was working at the end exept i had a non recoverable error on the cpu (Code 60) bt it's cleared without anuy problems and everything is still working

i expect to be any moduble being louse after panel tranport or installation...

I'm sure the backup battery has died long ago. They don't hold a program with the CPU unpowered for very long. If you didn't have an EEPROM, the program is just gone. Reloading it should be all you need to do, besides replacing the battery.

there is a card but i don't know why this happened...so i expect board connections...The battery light isn't lit but tomorrow i will test it with a voltmeter to make sure

Is this a a rechargeable battery on a L61 or i need to replace it for sure ?

If it's a series B L61, your battery should be fine. The series A ate batteries. The Series B has an internal compact flash, the battery is used to copy the program to flash, then the memory is powered down so the battery will last.

The battery is a Lithium cell.