S7.Net

Not sure about that.
had a quick look. But will have to have a further look into it later, as I am stuck at work.
Looks interesting and worth a second look :)

Not sure about that.
had a quick look. But will have to have a further look into it later, as I am stuck at work.
Looks interesting and worth a second look :)

Yes I thought so too,

It would be great not having to implement a OPC server when just having to read/write some values to/from a pc application (smaller apps, like some data exchange with a ERP or something)…

Probably won't matter to you, but when I was researching Siemens drivers for Advanced HMI I couldn't see that S7.net would work with the S7-200 range.

Post here if you have any simple questions about libnodave on a .Net system.

You really can't compare libnodave and S7net.
S7net has only functions to read and write PLC variables over ethernet.
With libnodave you could also do other things like plc time system, down- and uploading of program blocks,
support of many different interfaces like MPI/Profibus with S7online, different programming adapters etc.

Then S7net has some special things you need to know:
- It uses only the lowest possible PDU size (number of bytes you can read in one telegram). Normally this is negotiated when connecting to an S7
- Doesn't support reading/writing more than one data area in one telegram

And for me the main reason not to use it:
- It has no real bit-write function. If you write a bitaddress with s7net, it reads the complete byte out of the
PLC, sets or resets the relevant bit and writes the whole byte back to the PLC. If during this the PLC programm sets another
bit in this byte, this will be overwritten by S7net. The S7 has real bit-write functions, and libnodave uses them.

Probably won't matter to you, but when I was researching Siemens drivers for Advanced HMI I couldn't see that S7.net would work with the S7-200 range.

Post here if you have any simple questions about libnodave on a .Net system.

No normally we never use the 200 system... But what did you found out that wont make it work with the 200 range?

Best Regards

Edmund

But what did you found out that wont make it work with the 200 range?
To be honest I can't remember. On the web site it does say that he hasn't been able to try the program with the S7-200. Maybe the thing that put me off was that all the connection examples are IP based rather than MPI or PPI. The cost of adding an ethernet module to an S7-200 is prohibitive.

To be honest I can't remember. On the web site it does say that he hasn't been able to try the program with the S7-200. Maybe the thing that put me off was that all the connection examples are IP based rather than MPI or PPI. The cost of adding an ethernet module to an S7-200 is prohibitive.

I see, I´ve been trying to see if anyone has a S7-200 with ethernet...but no luck so far (just to try it out if it works)...

Have you looked at using your system to provide drivers for Archies AdvancedHMI.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=42656
At the moment we have Archie developing software that is of limited use without drivers, and you developing drivers that are of limited use unless they have something to drive. It ends up with a Muppet like me who has never programmed in .Net trying to join two ends together.

Have you looked at using your system to provide drivers for Archies AdvancedHMI.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=42656
At the moment we have Archie developing software that is of limited use without drivers, and you developing drivers that are of limited use unless they have something to drive. It ends up with a Muppet like me who has never programmed in .Net trying to join two ends together.

No I´m not... Not right now anyway...

The reason I want to use the S7.Net is that I´m about to develop a iOS (iPhone / iPad) project in C# (ported with the MonoTouch Project to native Object-C code) for a custumer...

I have seen some demonstration with the AdvancedHMI, but I have never tried it... But I´ll will give it a try some day...

S7.net

Hi ,
Any one can help me on this query. I want to read the DBX value which return bit.
case "DBX":
mByte = dbIndex;
mBit =
int.Parse(strings[2]);
if (mBit > 7) throw new Exception();
objBoolArray = (
bool[])Read(DataType.DataBlock, mDB, mByte, VarType.Bit, 1);
return objBoolArray[mBit];

i can not find VarType.Bit in the Read method.Because of this it always returns null to me

Please help me , how o read this value.