SLC 500 online edit

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm having problems with a SLC500 that usually will kick me off line when I try to do a on-line edit. Last week I wanted to change XIC to a XIO and when I tested the edit...bam kicked me off. I have other SLC500s on site but this is the only one that gives me trouble. Is there something in the set up of the processor?

Which SLC 500? What comm. methd are you using? Also how full is the memory on the SLC500?

What exactly are the error and when are you gettng them? I had the same issue at a custeomer site a couple of years ago. There is a technote: 32963 - On-line Edits Using AB_ETH or AB_ETHIP Drivers Fail. You will need a tech connect contrat for this though. This describes how to set some CIP settings in RSLinx. It worked for me.

Double check inside RSLinx - Communications - Configure CIP options to have the following settings (see image), needed for SLC505.

- fuzzy logic

cip options.JPG

Last edited:
It is an RSLinx configuration issue, not a Logix problem or PLC problem. Do what fuzzylogic suggested to have RSLinx properly configured. There is a technote on the subject on AB's knowledge base. If you have techconnect then search for CIP and you'll find it.

No need for a tech connect. It's for everyone ( at least when I got it it was)

See PDF below

No need for a tech connect. It's for everyone ( at least when I got it it was)

See PDF below

Well, unless it's a different one:

32963 - On-line Edits Using AB_ETH or AB_ETHIP Drivers Fail

Access Level: TechConnect
Date Created: 09/16/2005 12:00 AM
Last Updated: 04/26/2011 02:09 PM

Well, unless it's a different one:

32963 - On-line Edits Using AB_ETH or AB_ETHIP Drivers Fail

Access Level: TechConnect
Date Created: 09/16/2005 12:00 AM
Last Updated: 04/26/2011 02:09 PM

It's the same technote except for the "Access Level" and "Last Updated" fields. Why they lock down an answer like this one, I cannot understand.