SLC 500 5/05 -when doing a online edit can you safely turn switch from Run to Remote?

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I need to make a online change to a SLC 500 5/05 . Is it safe to turn the key from Run to Remote with causing the processor to fault ?

Thanks so much in advance ,

I have never had a issue, you should be able to flip the key than start editing... also the only why it will fault is if you have a problem with your program and if you have not changed anything your just changing the mode of the PLC

yeah. Switching from Run to Remote is easy. It will allow you do perform online edits. Be careful not to accidentally switch the key to program mode... that tends to cause issues hahaha...

One thing to keep in mind... if they've added an eeprom, it may be set to auto-load the progam when power is cycled. If that's the case, you'll need to find a time to flash it, and/or be prepared to possibly lose the edits the next time your plant has a brownout